All data is collected in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation, which comes into effect on May 25th 2018.
E. Ashton & Son will be responsible for collecting and processing your personal data.
3. Privacy Notice
- E. Ashton & Son will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties may receive your personal data for the purpose of carrying out your instructions.
To enable the funeral arrangements to proceed, we will need to contact Celebrants/Ministers/Cemeteries/Coroners’ Departments/Department of Work and Pensions/Social Services/G.P.’s/Solicitors/Pre-Paid Funeral Plans and Repatriation Companies (in the event of a death abroad).
C.E. Ashton & Son will process personal data for as long as is necessary to allow us to undertake the funeral arrangements. Your personal data will be destroyed after a period of five years.
3.4. Your Rights
At any point while C. E. Ashton & Son are in possession of, or processing your personal data, you have the following rights:-
- a) Right of Access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- b) Right of Rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- c) Right to be Forgotten – in certain circumstances, you can ask for the data that we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- d) Right of Portability – you have the right to have data that we hold about you to be transferred to another Organisation/Funeral Director/Coroner/Social Services/G.P./Solicitor/D.W.P.
- e) Right to Judicial Review – in the event that C. E. Ashton & Son refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by C. E. Ashton & Son, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Ombudsman, details of which will be supplied.