The independent funeral director has a long and proud history of personal service to local communities.
Here are just some of the benefits of choosing a SAIF member:
- Carrying on the family tradition is a way of life for many firms deeply committed to upholding professional standards.
- By choosing a SAIF member, families have reassurance that they are using the very best in the profession.
- All members agree to follow a strict Code of Practice and they must all undergo regular inspections to ensure they are maintaining the highest of standards.
- The Code, which is made public to our clients, covers areas including information and choice of funerals, price lists and provision of estimates and invoices.
- SAIF members know and appreciate local customs and expectations because they have served the same community for generations.
- They are not distracted or bound by corporate rules handed down from head office and shareholders.
- They can be flexible and responsive to an individual’s needs – providing a highly personal and compassionate service.
- Whether it’s advice when choosing a pre-paid funeral plan or information on the choice of funeral services available and costs, SAIF members fully understand the sensitivity of such decisions.
- Maintaining and publicising high standards of professionalism, quality and care are the true mark of the independent funeral director.